Central Florida Real Estate Connection, Inc.


UK Clients

We work with Brits because we might all speak English, but it’s done a bit differently in America… real estate is no exception and the jargon could make the Queen’s head spin!

We have been focused on the Resort Villa/Condo (flat) market for over 10 years in both Central and the West Coast of Florida.
We have the knowledge, experience, and reputation to turn you into both a long term client and hopefully a friend

Bits to know

As a buyer’s agent, we are paid by the seller – never the buyer
We have access to every listed property through the multiple listing service (the system that allows you to view properties on this site)
There is no need to work with multiple agents – choose the Estate agent (Realtor) that you are most comfortable with and let them do the work

Services that you might need

We have been in this market for 10+ years and know where to go, and who to see!

Mortgage  Mortgages are available for non US residents but the guidelines are quite strict and we suggest you communicate with an experience “foreign national” lender or broker prior to looking at properties. Allow us to connect you with trusted partners.
Short term rental management Weekly rentals are provided and complete management of pool, lawn, pest control, cleaning, maintenance is included. Not all companies are created equal so allow us to introduce you to 2-3 of the best and you decide.
Long term rental management This option is for buyers that are not looking to stay in their home when coming on holiday. This is a standard buy to let option
Furniture Different people have different needs. If you are planning to rent your home with short term rentals, furniture packages are available down to the last fork and towel.
Insurance  Home Owner’s or Hazard Insurance is required on a home that you purchase. This is simply a combination of building and contents insurance.
Immigration Many rumors abound! Allow us to introduce you to trusted and well respected solicitors (attorneys) that can guide and advise you.
Accountancy In the USA, the equivalent of Inland Revenue is the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Usually a simple and inexpensive form can be completed on your behalf annually by an accountant that understands  non US resident home owners.
Currency Exchange Money can often be exchanged at a better rate than your bank will offer. We suggest you compare your bank with Moneycorp and see the savings.
Banks Opening a bank account is far easier in the USA and simply requires $100 deposit and a passport. Some are more accustomed to facilitating overseas clients however.

Common terms

Realtor Estate agent
Contract When you put an offer, it is binding once accepted by the seller. Therefore, buyers should not put multiple offers out at the same time
Building Inspection Inspection of the property, plumbing, electrics, roof, and other elements.
Appraisal Valuation – determination of market value
Survey Physical description/ map of the plot and boundary lines
Closing Completion – You now own the property
Property taxes Council taxes (rates)